goodbye mi amigo...

i said goodbye to dear dear calley today.



(calley in her skinny jeans with claire)

she graduated with her masters and asked for a trip to come see me for her graduation present. so so honoring.

( making my favorite meal...southwest blackbean eggrolls. went to 4 grocery stores to find the black beans!!!)


she HUGELY assisted drew and i in ending Ramadan with a bang. =) Cal and i cruised the street at 12:30 am the night ramadan ended and the streets were insane. insane. our huge busy streets were blocked off so people could sit. eat. shop. eat. drink. laugh. there was so much celebration, energy and excitement in the air it was contagious. it was sooo fun we sent drew out to go experience it first hand. =)

the next night we ventured out to our nearest dukaan ( the little shops on the streets that sell chips, juice, candy and so forth) and grabbed a bunch of fun things and came up to our roof for a good old fashioned hot seat game. Cal, mare and drew. =) with a candle. it took me back to camp days. sigh.


anyway, calley here's to all the laughs, walks, falafel, questions, and taxi rides. so fun that you got to see our lives here...
we love you so much!

Comments

  1. A POST IN MY HONOR!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you so much. I can't even stand it. Thanks for reminding me of who I really am and enjoying every bit of life with me. It's always better when we're together...I LOVE YOU and thank you for every minute. It was the best graduation gift I could have EVER received. For SO many reasons...xoxo
    (I wonder if anyone in Abu Dhabi will read this...?)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts