fairytale

today was a bust. i sort of felt it all day, but as i was emailing my sister it hit me how bad it was.

i was world's worst in class. like...did you really just say that mare? seriously? this late in the game? i could feel the teachers cringing and calculating in their heads how much time they have invested in me and to see what i am delivering...ouch.

and then i came home and tried to keep going. cleaned a bit. studied. worked on things around the house and then went on a visit. kept thinking to myself "shake it off mare. shake it off. " but then i went on the visit...and it was just a continuation of my school day...a bust.

remember that fairytale where one sister has pearls and jewels coming out of their mouth every time she talks? and the other one is cursed and has frogs and slugs and worms coming out of their mouth every time they talk? that was me today. frog -girl.

know tomorrow is another day, and need it. phew. ironically. i listened to "new mercies" by david ruis this morning for worship. ha.

Comments

  1. OH Mary...in light of eternity..you are a beautiful pearl speaking princess every day!! love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny because i can't STOP talking about how awesome you are at Arabic. This is usually how it goes..."I mean it's one thing if your friend learns Spanish. You're usually saying, 'Wow, that's great, you learned Spanish.' But when your friend learns Arabic you're saying, 'DANG, my friend is speaking Arabic and she's GREAT at it. I am in awe.'" And the other person responds. "yeah, learning Arabic is like learning Chinese." Yep. You are amazing. I'm telling the world. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts