musings of a 3 year old

  We had a moment today that i want to remember.

  Layla threw a fit. after the choice to walk to the room or be carried, still screaming, i picked her up and calmly made my way to her room. She hit me in the face with both her arms- and i was shocked, i gasped and said " oh my goodness" but i tried real hard not to over react.

 I left her in her room and told her i needed to think about the consequence of hitting mama in the face. She was crying and screaming and did not want a spank.

   Drew and i brainstormed and came up with a " No show/ movie today" on our sabbath- which is our day to relax as a family. She was heart broken. many fits later, she was still heart broken.

   About 6 hours later, she came into my bedroom, and said " Mama, I have made SO many good choices today. I did not color on the walls, i walked down the stairs, i cleaned up my toys. The day wants to say ' Mary don't be frustrated. Layla made good choices and now she can watch a movie'"

 what.a.ham.

*                                                                    *                                                       *

  As we snuggled in bed tonight, we prayed for some of our syrian friends and when i stopped she asked " wait does God and Jesus speak Arabic?" and then a moment later " I really want to SEE God, i can't see him!"

melt.my.heart.
   

Comments

Popular Posts