adventures with the kids




in my little wonderland of snuggles and kisses, bows and dresses, reading about fairies, and being a queen to my princess, of answering bright eyed questions while stifling giggles, and wrestling on my bed with little adorable chubs...i feel so content. 




i ache to think of my girls getting older, but i got slammed this week. 

 it was joy, pure joy, to get to be around some of the older norman community kiddos. i felt myself come alive and old SFR counselor Mary started to sneak out in small ways. 



  i love the conversations that i would get into. i loved watching them process Lebanon. i loved seeing what affected them and what they did not care about. i watched interaction after interaction between them and their parents and just made mental notes. it was so fun. 

and honestly it gave me so much excitement for the coming years..the school age years. that all glory is not lost when adorable chubby cheeks become leaner and mispronounced words become eloquent sentences. there is still such deep need for development and discipling, and mothering. 

  i loved thinking of ways to connect to them, and doing a hip hop workout with them. i loved taking them to an indoor amusement park and riding a roller coaster with them. i loved that they actually wanted me around...and it had me scheming of moments to make...


  it was just a taste of what is to come for me as our kids get older and i loved it. 


i loved getting to know Lainey, Asa and Phin and can’t wait for more connecting with them! 




Comments

Popular Posts