Happy 5th birthday, love bug




I don't know why 5 feels so old for me. I mean you are going to kindergarten, in ballet, drawing and writing and you brain is full of the love of learning and discovery and creating.

 But there is something so soft and loving and melty about you. How you can read the people who are in the room, how you meet people where they are. How you sweetly reach out to Hope or Lincoln. I see how your heart is affected when others feel fear or uncomfortable and you rush in with sweet reassurances and tell them what they should expect.






When I am sad or hurt, you rush to my side. This weekend I had a really bad finger jam, and you rushed to my side and stroked my hair and held me close. It's that sweet nurturing side that i love to savor, to celebrate.
 

  I love that you get lost in your thoughts. That you don't feel the need to fill the space with chatter, but you will just reach across the seat and hold my hands. Even when you play with your dolls it does not feel like you are constantly talking for them, not as much as your older sister is at least.



  I love your concentration and attention to detail. You notice lip color, new things I wear, beauty in nature, and in people's homes. You choose colors that I would not choose and create pictures that I think are really beautiful and unique. You use that same stroke of risk and indiviudalization when you dress yourself.  You are not open to influence...ha ha ha. IF you have a vision in your head that is how it will be.





















Watching my sweet, adoring, loving smooch monkey go and run around and wrestle Isaac and Elijah and swing herself around on bars at gymnastics is so fun. You are a brave, tough little cookie. I bought you a shirt that you have worn out " I am a winner, an achiever, a leader, a girl! " . you love that shirt and it's message so much.






  You love quality time. Dates, special time, cuddling alone with one of  us...you love the undivided attention and the ability to let down and be just you...probably because your inner world is always thinking of others-  helping Hope, loving and playing with Layla...










 Also, kind of funny that you don't like a lot of the games/ activities that i think of. You are happy to watch and take in the funny games or activities but there are many many times that you opt out and don't want to be in the relay, apple bobbing, shake your tushy, perform in front of others...



when you do, you do it with such excellence.

I love so much about you, you have so many different facets, it is such a wonder to discover what makes you happy, what makes you come alive, what makes you sad and frustrated.



  This was your idea- your last day of being four and this mama, wants you to stay four forever....I just love you in this little body, with your thoughts and take- aways. No one like you , Sophia Nour.



Kept you home, after a long night of no sleeping ( thanks benedryl) and brought you breakfast in bed.  You loved all the adoration, the spoiling, all the attention. We went and spoiled ourselves with a movie and popcorn at City center, and it was so fun making the day special for you !!!

  you are my love bug, big hearted, sweet girly... Happy 5th Birthday!


Comments

Popular Posts