Funny Predicaments...


My ideals and thoughts sometimes get the best of me and I end up in moments that are quite funny...moments that really could have been avoided if I, Mary Caldwell, had thought them through. But I pushed on full steam forward and land myself in some funny scenarios...

...like wanting to deliver a piping hot meal out of the oven to a sick neighbor. I had all three girls so I tell them to put their coats on we are taking a meal to Rebecca. I realize it might be a little tough, but what can I do, Drew is gone, Rebecca is sick and the meal needs to be delivered.

Getting doors open and shut from front door to elevator door to lobby doors was quite tricky but Layla and i maneurved it quite well. Once we got down into our parking lot though, then the problem came up. It was raining, there is a busy street and  I can't carry a hot meal and a 1 year 10 month old at the same time. So i have the girls wait for me underneath our building's awning and run the meal across the street in the rain- set it down and pray that no stray cats smell it and get to it in the 1 minute it will take me to dash back across the street and grab my girls.

I run across the street yelling " come on girls, i don't want a cat to get that food!!!"

Layla really internalizes that and starts running and exclaiming about how sad if a cat gets that food... we make it across just a little bit damp from the rain and make it up the stairs. phew .



that was more than i bargained for.



OR

 running a few errands with Sophia and Hope one day this week and again stopping to buy a treat for someone else. Hope sees the packaging and starts throwing a fit and won't get in her stroller at the mall. I have stroller, with some groceries, Sophia holding a cheeseburger, and Hope running away from me screaming in her puffy coat. I chase her down and hold her facing outward as I push the stroller to the nearest elevator.

 Quite the scene, I assure you.

or wanting to take my little tooter with me on a visit into our syrian friend's tent. But watching how hilarious and pouty and glaring Hope is as the children come to kiss her and squeeze her cheeks.




I mean, granted, she does get pinched a lot. But then when they bring out the tea and sweets Hope starts squealing and won't stop. won't stop drinking and eating. and when i finally cut.her.off. she loses it. Throwing herself around, hitting me, reaching for other women's tea. ooof.

 When i finally get her under control, she stands up, walks to the door and says in a very very cute toddler voice

" ok Mama, tum. tum. go mama go" meaning come come mama, it is time to go.

I try and convince her I am in the middle of a conversation and we will leave soon, but to no avail. she spreads her legs out a little wider, hunches over a little like a football player and just starts yelling louder

 "TUM MAMA TUM. GO !!!"

point taken. I scoop her up and kiss her and we take our leave. tooters.




Comments

Popular Posts