a day in the life...

We woke up early with all babes in bed, warding off the cold by all cuddling together. School canceled from the storm that was hitting Lebanon, we all pile into the car to head to the American Embassy to get Layla's passport renewed.

 It was a screaming, crying mess getting out that there door.

We walk through impressive security measures and are struck with how loving and adoring the employees are to us blondies all bundled up and moving so early in the morning.

After we get home, it is not 20 minutes before i pack up Hope again and we jump into a car with Melanie and her kids and Cathleen to visit of a dear friend who has just found an apartment in Beirut.

 We wander through tiny streets, barely escaping pedestrians and vendors and cars parked every which way.

 Hope, Isaac and Lydia quickly make themselves comfortable in this small 2 room apartment and we giggle and laugh and tell stories and play. We tell our dear friend how excited we are for her upcoming baby and pray for her to be able to rest and that the baby will gain weight in this last month in her belly.




 I come home to a crazy messy house, groceries needing to be bought and dinner to be made. My girls run here and there playing with dolls and telling me stories and arguments and observations.

i pause at the joy of having these three. of getting to do life with these three little girls. in all their cuteness, in all their tears. in the middle of the night cuddles, and the early morning sock struggles.


I am so grateful for a life that has girls and friends and adventure. I have not had to choose one. I have gotten them all.

   Hope walks up to me and hands me some clothes for her barbie - and i say " oh hope this is cute, good idea. and then i say..."You are cute, Hope." she looks at me and smiles and says " i cute"

then she shyly glances up at me and says " mama cute "

 and i think that is the first spontaneous mama cute from one of my 1 year olds.

 I take Layla and Sophia to gymnastics and it is the day that mom's get to go into the class. I watch and clap and shout as my girls push themselves our of their comfort zones. I smile and wave and give thumbs up and it hits me so deeply  how central this is to a child's heart. a mother's adoration and presence. the Mom that champions and shows up and takes pictures and videos.






Layla's friendliness continues to open doors for us all the time as we have her classmates over, and now she is making friends at gymnastics. The little girls come over and tell their mothers' to get each others number so we can come and play at each other's houses. I smile as i watch Layla love new people, new things.








as we come home to get them ready for bed, i cuddle close to the girls.  Fia cups my chin with her hand  and tells me that she was weally weally scawed about the blister on hopes face. ( from back in September) because she is the sister and she does not want her to be painful, and cwy. so she was sad for hope. and she does not want to get a blister, and she does not want any of us to get blisters.

 and then she points to one of my blemishes and tells me she is so sad i have a blister.

i giggle and she gets her feelings so hurt and weeps and tells me that it is not nice to laugh when someone is sad for you. i really can't control my giggles and how sincerely sad she is that i have a pimple. so i am trying to re-assure her and love her but she is just hurt.

 I finally am able to pierce through her strong emotions and cover her in kisses and as i walk away from their room, i have a heart full. a simple day in my life.







Comments

Popular Posts