The hospital visit

I took Fia with me to visit sweet Rosie in the hospital. I went back and forth if it was a good decision because Fia can really change the atmosphere if she is bored or tired or ahem, angry.

 But with the juggle of our full lives with three cuties, teaching, team, weekends in zahle… it worked out that I had to take Sophia to her preschool entrance assessment and that would be the best time then to go see Rosie.

 Her preschool assessment was soooo adorable. She did so much better than I even thought possible and she loved getting all the attention of the famous Ms Zeina. 

 We then ate some manaqueesh and jumped into the car to drive the 45 minute drive to see Rosie in the hospital.

 I see such a tender, loving, nurturing heart in you fia girl. You told me “ I dunna tell Roise that “ it’s ok, Rosie, you dunna be ok”. And tears just sprung up when you said that. How sweet of you to think of her heart and what she needs to hear.


When we got to her room, you hugged her, kissed her and were to in tune with what she needed you sat quietly and listened and told her stories. You empathized with her stories and told moments you had been sick or hurting. You sang songs and  shone as the adorable, affectionate, imaginative little cutie that you are.

 It was almost like you were made for this moment. 



 And then something pretty triumphant for us happened. The nurse came in and told us that Rosie gets to go home! She did not have a ride home so we of course volunteered to take her. She gathered her things and you skipped around. You wanted to help carry her bags and you beamed as she left the hospital, with us.

 You chatted in the car and when we finally got to her home (45 minutes in traffic later) you were so excited to explore and see where she would be staying.

 I thought to myself, if I am ever sick, please bring a loving, chatting, singing three year old to visit me too!!!!!!!

 We got back in the care and drove another hour.  You were hilarious as you were so mad at the sun for shining on you. We sang, we talked, we bought ice cream that melted on us as we ate in the car in traffic. You were the ultimate sidekick and I was so filled with joy that you could be so perfect for the Rosie when she needed some love.




 


Comments

Popular Posts