Sunday Escape...

My heart was moved this week to once again look into my little’s eyes and listen to their mind’s wanderings, their songs and stories and store them up in my heart.
 The weekend was absolutely perfect weather and while my days were filled with connecting with Syrians, listening, praying, helping and sharing I knew I needed some girl time.

 So early Sunday morning we jumped in the car and drove up the mountain looking for an adventure hike. Looking for a place to just wander, find wild flowers and be.


  It is fun to have miss layla who feels sooo old, so experienced telling sister what to expect and what proper adventure protocol is: which is walking on your own, being brave, and not whining. Check. Check. Check.


  We found the perfect turn off and immersed ourselves in the day, the green, the dirt, the flowers, and be. still. my. heart. the views. The wind was perfect and we explored, dodged thorns and exclaimed at the colors the Creator was displaying for us.


We settled on some rocks and decided to tell stories. I wanted to create a world to play in, but you both just wanted to sit and talk about it. . We talked about this land being filled with fairies, beautiful princesses, magic and so many amazing thigns, but there was one thing. This land was filled with terrible bees.
 Fia, your eye grew large and you said,  “it’s otay mama, we have magic shoes, and when we touch those bees they turn into butterflies, quick mama, touch the bees!”





 There was something wild and free about being on the top of this mountaing with my little imaginative, blond, inquisitive, brave, exploring girls. It felt like time stopped as we admired lizards and snails and created bears and wolves to hide from.












 And then I sat down and wanted to elongate the moment, when you two were done. SO I held you close and sang songs at the top of my lungs. My girls tucked in close and my heart soaring with praise.



   Thankful and full of wonder. The colors of spring are so vibrant. 






Comments

Popular Posts