smell the roses and loving the poor.

last week as i tried to push aside some early morning mama exhaustion on a monday morning, i asked the Father for direction: for my week and for my day.

 I heard the phrase " smell the roses and love the poor" it just sort of swelled up in my heart.

smell the roses- i knew it meant about my girls. to not get riled, not get frustrated when plans are thwarted, when laundry is piling up, when i am having to stop and discipline another.time. to look at Sophia in all her fire and melt-your-heart cuteness and enjoy her.  I am only "certain" of the moment in front of me...let me love, enjoy, breathe in her 3 year old language, thoughts and cuteness. To let the bustle and duties be the last thing...and let my kindness and being present be the first and foremost.




  to not get riled, not get frustrated when plans are thwarted, when laundry is piling up, when i am having to stop and discipline another.time. to look at Sophia in all her fire and melt-your-heart cuteness and enjoy her.  I am only "certain" of the moment in front of me...let me love, enjoy, breathe in her 3 year old language, thoughts and cuteness. To let the bustle and duties be the last thing...and let my kindness and being present be the first and foremost.



  to not get riled, not get frustrated when plans are thwarted, when laundry is piling up, when i am having to stop and discipline another.time. to look at Sophia in all her fire and melt-your-heart cuteness and enjoy her.




 I am only "certain" of the moment in front of me...let me love, enjoy, breathe in her 3 year old language, thoughts and cuteness. To let the bustle and duties be the last thing...and let my kindness and being present be the first and foremost.




 that meant more playing dolls, dressing up magnetic dolls, reading books and sitting with her than i would have chosen. It meant taking her to music class when i would rather cook or clean my house cause that is a connection for us.






 When i ask the good Shepherd and he tells me - smell the roses.  I have to listen. Love on these babies. love on them, kiss them, cuddle them, pour my energy into them.

 when i thought about the second phrase ...i let it dance through my thoughts for awhile. I can serve, i can help, i can speak life over and i can bring truth to...but He wants my orientation... the thing i need to press into...love. 

to not do things out of obligation or religion. but out of love. 
  and the only way that is possible is through experiencing His love.  and i know so clearly what it feels like when someone loves me, extravagantly, undeserved. it is stunning and breathtaking. it is a moment in life that you feel the presence of Jesus so tangible it changes you.


 my problem-solving-self wants to give advice, and encourage, and inspire. and since those are ways God made me, i can do this...some of the time. But, Oh man, i want to love these children, love these women. to stop and love them in such a way that they can feel God's tangible grace.



Comments

Popular Posts