Sidon with my parents

our first trip out of beirut with my parents was to the Southern City of Sidon ( Saida). My parents wanted to see some friends there that are so lovely and then we decided to explore the old market.




I love that with age my parents are more adventurous. that they try new things, are put in uncomfortable situations, that stretch their comfort zones, but they keep coming back. and keep trying new things. it is pretty remarkable.

and then just when most people would call it quits, we pushed on. we drove up into the mountains in search of the famous Cedars. There is no way that Mama Arndt would leave this country without seeing these glorious, famous trees.



this the view from the hike...and the cedar park ended up being closed due to fog ( ah!) but my dad think he spotted one...




and of course, the highlight of our day was the silly bear in the car. she was loving papa mike, teasing him, his silly antics. but here is the kicker- papa mike could not keep up. he actually asked to switch seats because he was so worn out after his stretch with the bear. ha! kids have remarkable endurance for the same jokes.


Comments

Popular Posts