The Bear in Jordan

my one year old is sleeping snug in her bed. my one year old. and i have gone back and forth today between so excited, blessed and celebrating each and every moment with her because that is life. it moves, it changes. it surprises. we make moments together and then we move forward.

and then i hold sweet little novi moll and i am thrown back to my sweet little claire layla born a year ago and honestly marvel at all that has taken place.

i never anticipated the joy that she would bring me. all my life i have been somewhat obsessed with kids. so i knew that i would love her. but it is like a river- a mighty, rushing, nothing-can-stop-it-river flowing from my soul. and we are buddies. besties. comrades. in-it together. long taxis, hot weather, boring visits, loud music, forced dancing, deep moments, tears of joy, arab tv shows, shopping when we want to and when we dont want to, treasure hunts, praying for people...my girl is my joy. God's gift of joy to me in this land.



she is honestly more than i could have hoped for. more than i could have "ordered", God formed her and she is so perfect for me it is ridiculous. and to be honest i feel like i am basking in His love when i hold her. when we cuddle tight.

so we celebrated Bear today. The theme was "the Bear's first year in Jordan" and we wanted a Bedouin tent and Camel rides. =)

we did not get pictures of the camel...but it looked like a dad on all fours...with some extra humps.
and bear cupcakes...




decorated by her many bears..

Layla playing with her guests..





she was SO happy when Zaid, Reem and Waf'a arrived




first cupcake..





opening presents...


Rivers and Drew have a special bond...

man, we love you.


Comments

  1. We love our Claire Bear! I can't imagine life without her! She brings so much sparkle and joy to my life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts