taking you with me.

dear claire bear. layla lu.

  I can't wait for the day you and i have hot drinks and we read all about the small and big things we did. our lives are filled with such normal routine things and such wild stories.

The thing I want more than anything is for you to feel apart. I don’t want you to be pushed to the side. I want you to “own “ our stories and testimonies. To be so a part of what your baba and I are doing.

 The childhood you are living has some incredible gifts to give you and some major sacrifices also. I want you alive, I want you learning, my side kick. I want you to have friends, adventures and bonding moments with me where we can laugh at our blunders and grow together.


 I was inspired afresh ( from Kisses from Katie) to really bring you with. For you to see what mama is doing, and even grow up helping me. 

 SO...i took you to our first clinic with me.



 It was so fun, i asked if you wanted to come and you were so excited. You readied your doctor kit and wanted to leave right away. 

 When we got there, all the children surrounded my car to help me unload and you bravely walked out and held my hand as we walked into Baytool's house. I asked if you wanted to come help me park the car, and you wanted to stay with some of the kids and baytool in her house. 

 The first sick patients poured in, and you wanted to look in their throats, their ears, their teeth with me.You listened with your play stethoscope and handed me medications and gauze. You were shocked at the rotting teeth of some of the kids and helped me to tell them to brush their teeth. you were very interested in the babies, and what they were sick with and how we could help them. 




After about 30 minutes you wanted to start examine the children on your own. which was so cute. all the women were sooo impressed and kept calling you "Shatuura" because you know how to do exams and were so attentive. they all said you were going to grow up and be such a smart woman. it's true, girl you will. 









 and then you said " mama, this is way toooooo long!" and you asked if you could go into the other room and play with the kids. which i totally let you. of course i missed you, but knew that as time went on, things tend to get crazier and busier. 

  The children brought you snacks and you LOVED that part. In fact, that was what you reflected to me was your favorite part. 

 i love you Layla lu, and love having you with me!

Comments

Popular Posts