my dream day


i had the itch to get at least one more day at the beach in before summer ends.





 so i carefully chose how i would pitch that to drew darling. he lovingly agreed and i was able to take my two oldest to my favorite spot in lebanon, the women's beach. 

 I realized as i was driving there and the girls kept saying " can you feel it mama? can you feel it?" that it has been 10 years since my first trip to the women' s beach. i was filled with nostalgia of all the memories that Cathleen, Kathryn, Melanie and i had there. and i have really only added more and more on top of those. 

 After we tromped through the payment process and found ourselves a central location...we put sun screen on and we were off. I had packed very lightly and we went all over the huge complex- the playgrounds they have in water, the sand, the beach, the pools, the dance hut. 

 I did not sit down for one minute, but i was soooo happy. The girls were shrieking with glee as they flew off of slides in the freezing cold water. We all laughed and sang and kept yelling " the big kahuna" as we bobbed in the small surf. we built castles and buried each other. 














and we heard one of our favorite dance party songs and .we. ran. we ran to the dance hut and then my girls froze while i danced away.



It was one of those days that everything works out perfectly...no traffic, the girls are adorable, the water is incredible, the beach is not crowded. I looked into sparkling eyes and dreamy deep eyes all day and held my girls close and tried hard not to cry because this is the last time she will be 4 at the beach. and the last time her little arms, her cheeks, her voice will be 2 at the beach.









 we made friends and of course people gave us food and drinks. Sophia had to pose for way.too.many photos. 

  i had little kids come up to me a lot and as in arabic why we were speaking in english to each other. so cute.
 
    a day to pack into my dreamy beach memory pouch for sure. 

Comments

Popular Posts