Sophia Nour turns 1 -



Fair warning : mother gushing to follow...
   
my heart bursts with love for this little adorable one. When i close my eyes and think of her, i think of kisses, her head snuggled into my neck, squeezing her close, how perfectly she fits on my hip and clutches my shirt near my collar bone. 
how deep and brown her eyes are. how they contrast her beautiful creamy cheeks. 
how she has been my ever present cuddle cutie. That anytime, anywhere, and honestly with anyone...she will cuddle close. she gets so much love because of this...



 I love seeing your personality emerge, sweet Sophia. i love your poses. how you crawl determinedly to a little nook and then sit with your arms either propped up behind you on on your stomache. 




 i love how you sing with me. how you join in. i loved coming home from the retreat and you sang with all  your heart as Yervant, Christine and i sang arabic worship songs. 
 i love how you follow Layla Bear everywhere. how you call for her from the windows when she goes to school. how you crawl and ask “layla?” when she is gone. 
 i love seeing your spunk. how much you love Baba to rough-house you. how you get a gleam in your eyes when i start changing your clothes, because you want to roll around naked and have Baba tickle you. 
 you are so easy. laid back. i can take you anywhere and you are just sweet. a non-factor. Medical ministry meetings, walking around LU’s campus, driving long distances, flights, car rides, shopping while you are in the stroller, visits, and long meals that you just sit and get held by adoring fans. 
  you have ushered in with you, this deep, satisfying, peaceful grace. to sink deep into mothering you and CB and this is where life and fruitfulness will flow from. 
 you are my precious, precious treasure.  you have brought deeper love, deeper joy and deeper grace into my life. 





    o Sophia Nour, it is my joy to celebrate you!


birthday pics:













Comments

Popular Posts