Moments from the week...

Sitting in Layla’s bed as she recalls a scene in beauty and the beast- she is telling me something the candlestick says.. and she can’t tell me because she is giggling so hard she is crying.

   Nightly debriefs are the best.



Having Hope in my arms and getting her to laugh really hard when I was on a visit in the camps. We were in Um hassan’s tent. She was started belly laughing and all the children gathered round. There was about 6 kids giggling and captivated. She keps belly laughing as I played “peek a boo” with her and the whole tent was laughing so hard we had tears coming out of our eyes.

 A baby’s laugh is so contagious. It’s magical.




Layla started singing “ You are my life, you are my life, somebody dry us off, you are my life. “ 

  Love how they interpret lyrics.

  Losing electricity in our Zahle house in the middle of the night. Trying to re position over and over again so I could sleep…and I was just.too.hot.to.sleep.
Memories.

 the wiver. piling into the car, all of us soaked in sweat, enduring over an hour in pretty bad traffic. and then it all falls to the waste side as we soak in our nature, as we gasp and shriek as we jump under freezing cold water. as we talk, eat, chill, play with our johnsons. 





 Drew slipping into SFR mode and taking Isaac, Layla, and Sophia on a 45 minute adventure walk...how that was their highlight. shoulda gone. shoulda gone.




 Thank you Jesus for these small moments.


Comments

Popular Posts