Valentine's Day


  In the midst of so many fun and awesome things happening all around us, i have this inner core desire that i would be making memories with my girls.  layla has decided what she wants to be when she grows up “ a painter. a painter who paints housed for holidays- you know like christmas, easter, halloween,” 

  Not sure if she means a decorator- i just know that she definately could have that in her genes from Gigi, Aunt Tweedle, and Aunt Ryn...to name a few...

  So as Valentines Day swiftly approached- i literally felt like i had to stick my heels in the sand and say out loud “ think Mary think, what can you do to make this special.” 

  In the end, it came together. I wanted crafts, games, perhaps a small party..i called Layla’s school to see if i could bring cupcakes and a few simple games...but they said no. 

Instead I threw a surprise celebrations for just our little caldwell clan. Simple and sweet. 







I read about a mom who made paper heart chains that had different characterstics of what she loved about the kids...i implemented that idea...















  I made one of the girls favorite meals...chicken pesto pizza..


  made drew BBQ chicken pizza...





 thought some candles and hearts and valentine’s day goodies would go a long way...


and of course a special fancy cookie....




  It was so fun and most of all i love surprising Layla. She reacts so strongly, talks about it for days, and kisses me, affirms my meager efforts, acts mezmorized. 




   Of course it is fun to have a husband, best friend, Baba that surpasses my every dream and get to treasure what an incredible blessing i have. 


   Even after a couple weeks, when Layla feels extra sentimental she will come kiss me and look me in the eyes and say “ Happy Valentine’s Day mom”


Comments

Popular Posts