Having Something to Give


( my parents love walking along the cornish) 

my parents, for as long as i can remember have always been giving. they give time, they give money, they help people move, they counsel marriages, parenting..they are always giving. they have truly found the blessing in giving. 

  and at the age that most people have retired and settled in they are tromping all over africa- in huts and villages, eating rice and drinking only water (No pepsi max to be found for Miguel) and meeting with leaders. They are coaching them, discipling them, calling out their destinies, and strategizing with some dynamite africans. 

and then they come here to be with us. and they bring all of their glory. they want to meet with all the couples on the team and coach them through their strength finders. 

My dad came up with drew and I to the syrian refugee camps and sat with men and just invited them into meeting God in desperate times. He shared how he is friends with men and women who are also in desperate spots and how they have seen God break in time and time again. 

 I am struck again with how incredible my parents are. what they model for me and my family for kingdom living. how they connect so deeply to our hearts, they love extravagantly on the girls, but they also just want to give away Jesus at every turn. 

 We had 3 dinner invitations for them on Wednesday night..so popular that we are having to turn people down..ha!

  But really, what an honor to have a mother and father that are giving their lives to “mother and father” for the Kingdom. At every turn in the road they have impressed me, and as grandparents they are glorious. 

  When they sit down with our friends, they honor them. My parents ask questions that open up our friend’s hearts, and then my parents speak life, love, and destiny over them. boom. 

  Their secret is that they have something to give away. they know the King, they have experienced His love and they give it away. 


Some of our fun moments this time:















 drinking amazing mint lemonade by the sea...

 snuggling watching Shirley Temple
 My 32nd birthday party...


Comments

  1. Thank you, Mary for including us in your lives, honoring us and loving us so well. This was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts