Cedars, again

( forgive my pregnancy crave)


and although there is this fire in me to see new places, try new things, and embark on new trails...i love the feeling of familiarity experiencing something that is just perfect again and again.


that is why i always have my favorite running trails, my favorite parks to study at, my favorite snacks, and go-to books. So, living in this glorious land, we get to take our visitors to the glorious cedars- i promise you every visitor is going to want a part of this- and it doesn’t get old to me.



we are talking about the Cedars of Lebanon. that are all over scripture. that were sent to Solomon to build the temple with. ancient, majestic, glorious cedars. and i get to go there with my family...when i want.



Living in a bustling, crowded city is thrilling, but rolling down the windows and smelling fresh air and seeing wild flowers and magestic mountains fall into sweeping valleys just speaks to my soul.



i want my bear to love nature.



and she is embracing it- wholeheartedly. sigh.




we ran into some Iraqis on the trail, and they loved on Layla...



love that she is a girl girl girl but wants to do what the big kids are doing. love this pic of her trying to climb like marisa.



her personality is emerging into a brave, adrenaline-seeking, calculated babe. she loves new things, but she thinks through every step. it does not seem to go hand-in-hand and i love the tensions it bring. like how she insisted to walk herself to this rock, even when the footing was unsure and she looked very uncomfortable sitting there.


she is not reckless. or careless. she is detailed thinker. o joy of my life, she is!



so fun to take the brave alaskans to the beauties of lebanon!!!



Comments

  1. oh how I wish I could come along with you on your running trails, they look delightful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts