nursing my sick babe...



In some ways i am a fabulous, compassionate RN, and in some ways...i think i like action more than sympathy. I love working in the ER for the adrenaline and for the fact that you are actually saving lives. i mean people would have died if you were not there to save them. i love the intensity, the rush, the panic, the heart beating, the pressure...and the outcomes.

So, i have been a bit worried what i would be like to my littles when they became sick. When drew is kind of sick, i do not tend to "baby" him...but when he is real sick, the nurse in me kicks into gear.

this is the first real-deal sickness CB has caught in her first year of life. she had a mild cold last winter and small day things here and there. but not cough, fever, keep you up at night, smiling- and-sweet-but-feeling-miserable type of sickness...



and everything came into alignment. practical nurse-adoring mom-concerned parent-sympathetic but understanding caregiver. i have been all of those. my little bear brought all of that out in me. it feels natural to rush to her side when she is coughing, or wake up mutiple times in the night to check on her. to spoil her by cuddles and holding her while she sleeps and kissing her and singing to her to cheer her up.

my little sweet bear has been trying so hard to be happy and herself even while she is sick...



she melts my heart.



Comments

Popular Posts