Toddler crisis

i was lying there listening to Claire tell stories and gazing into Sophia's dark dreamy eyes...pools of wonder and cuteness...and it struck me. i am so blessed and happy with my life right now, in this moment, i would actually be ok with  hitting the pause button and never leaving this stage.


 this really shook me. i have never ever, and i mean never, felt this way. i love dreaming and future and family and growing and changing...i sighed deep inside. It is just so fun right now. i even looked deeper into Sophia's eyes and asked myself " don't you want to know her thoughts? her sentences?  hear her sing?" my heart response was " i could be pretty happy just cuddling and kissing this baby all day long...forever. "

  i tried to go to drew in my moment of need. he laughed at me and tried to cheer me up with dreams of the future. of what family will look like in the future. 

and as we processed this...i think i got to the root. i adore toddlers.

 they are the best things on earth. every party...every hang out...every retreat or function...or wedding or anything is better with a cutie toddler there. their chubs. their bright eyes. their soft skin. their imagination. and growing personality. their sentences and the way they see the world. 


 i am in the glory years with Claire Layla Caldwell. 


and then i have my sweet cuddle cutie that is just about another slice if heaven. 


i told drew- if i walk in a room and see a group of toddlers-  i would rather be with them than any other group in the world. ha! 


 so it settled over me...you are in your glory years...your little treasure is entering into the age of amazingness...3...and all i can do is savor. soak. love. enjoy. make moments. take pictures. document this amazingness. 

  it sounds funny, but in this process of realizing how Claire is going to enter and leave toddler amazingness...i actually was asking God to speak to me to you know...cheer me up. give me perspective. 
 and it came in the funniest way. I was watching The Muppet Movie with Claire Bear. The opening song and dance started...the one we love so much and re-produce in this house all the time...and God just spoke to me. 

they dance and belted out..
"Lifes a bunch of flowers with someone a while to lay the hours
yes it is
Life's a happy song when theres someone by your side to sing along
ive got everything that i need right in front of me
Nothings stopping me nothing i cant be
with you right here next to me"


and other really cute lyrics...and i just had the moment. i have been entrusted with these treasures. i get to while away the hours with them...teaching...modeling...loving...praying...and i can be sad that amazingness comes and goes...or just jump in the boat and enjoy the journey. cheesy, but needed.
   it is funny how the life lessons are sang about, taught, told to you, but then you go through them yourself and it feels so raw and real. i am sure that this came on a bit because little miss thang is going to a preschool two mornings a week...and loving it. 


 but i am so thankful for a Loving Father who sees Me and loves to bring peace, joy and perspective to my heart!

Comments

Popular Posts